NNU

Saturday 1 October 2016

Nigeria a Congo dandy

                                      
In my leisure, I do surf the web, yesterday I stumbled upon something exciting as I always do.  It was a video uploaded 16th November 2015, "Congo Dandy" Le sapaeur. 
It brought to my mind Nigeria, my great nation, I could only relate what I was watching with the character of my country, I had to exclaim Nigeria a Congo dandy.
Nigeria so dressed up, never boring so elegant as a nation. Dressed up in the face of ravaging poverty, with our leaders still maintaining the most expensive political machinery world -wide. But alas we are 56 years as a nation, I thought that the exchange rate at the black market will be decent enough to stop at #560 to a pound but it could not wait to get to 60 sorry I meant #600 to a pound.

Sapeurs  collect loans to fund their elegant look, which is absurd because basic needs are neglected, savings are used up, just to make an appearance, a look not a life. How does Nigeria replicate this, by mismanaging not only its abundant resources, even aid from foreign countries and secured loans had fallen to greed. Politicians funding their look (stolen wealth) and not the life of the nation, by building infrastructures.  Various government have had different mantras but still same old story of their greed been fostered.  So religious as a nation, with our religious leaders among the richest in the world but the masses still ravaged by poverty. Our leaders being dandies with their greed what they fund no matter the consequence.

Today is not a day to lament but to reflect as a nation, as a people. We have to rejoice that we are still here, thriving, despite the greed of our leaders "the dandies". Nigeria must be great because am Nigerian, it must be great because you are Nigerian. It must be great because the hope of the black race lies with it.
Happy independence, Nigeria.

Credit.....Chukwunwezie Yalokwu

No comments: